Saturday 31 January 2009

Songs for sailing...

I'm in a slightly funny mood this morning with the anticipation of sailing and have had this song going around in my head (join in if you know how it goes...)

When I was one, I sucked my thumb, the day I went to sea...

CHORUS:
I jumped aboard a Mercy Ship and the captain said to me,
"We're goin' this way, that way, forward, backward, over the deep blue sea.
No bottle of rum to fill my tum, and that's the life for me"

When I was two, I buckled my shoe, the day I went to sea...
[CHORUS]
When I was three, I scraped my knee, the day I went to sea...
[CHORUS]
When I was four, I slammed the door, the day I went to sea...
[CHORUS]
When I was five, I danced a jive, the day I went to sea...
[CHORUS]
When I was six, I picked up sticks, the day I went to sea...
[CHORUS]
When I was seven, I counted to eleven, the day I went to sea...
[CHORUS]
When I was eight, I was really late, the day I went to sea...
[CHORUS]
When I was nine I got in line, the day I went to sea...
[CHORUS]
When I was ten, I did it again, the day I went to sea...

:-)

No comments: