This is like ten pin bowling elsewhere in that there are balls that you bowl at the pins down the alley. But there are a few differences:
- You get given not only shoes but also socks - on a one size fits all basis
- The alley is not quite flat, so even if you are amazing at bowling you might find that the ball doesn't go exactly where you are expecting
- The electronic score board doesn't work - so a man comes and sits with you to keep the score for you (and disappears every now and then!)
- Sometimes the balls get stuck and the man runs off and tries to get them out again
- Sometimes the skittles fall down by themselves and you may or may not get the point for the ones that fell down depending on how the man feels!