Friday 5 February 2010

In the Doldrums...


Here's a picture from Deck 7 this evening. The sea is as calm now as it was swelling before. We look out of the window over what looks like a sea of molten silver with barely the slightest swells. It is beautiful.

I remember studying the Intertropical Convergence Zone in my Geography A'Level, and now we are witnessing the effects of this on the sea. We are actually sailing through the Doldrums! I'm just glad we aren't in a sail boat, relying on the wind.

Tommy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice pic! wouldn't mind if my doldrums looked like that lol!!! Glad it is calm and may it stay like it until you arrive. lots of love
Lynn xxx

Unknown said...

wow!!! looks amazing!! Will try and ring over the weekend. I always find it really exciting to ring you when you are in the middle of the ocean somewhere.... Lots of Love Helen xxx

Bill Hensley said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us.