We had to do a variety of different things:
- jump in with life jacket and then swim 20m
- tread water
- get into liferaft from poolside
- throw the sea anchor
- get into the liferaft from the water
- put on a gumby suit in less than 2 minutes (the big red sea survival wetsuits)
- jump in in the gumby suit
- form a string of people in the suits and manouver around while joined together
- get in to the liferaft in the gumby suits (hilarious!)
- turn over the liferaft after it had capsized (also good fun)
We followed up with an all you can eat Pizza meal at CiCi's where we pigged out a bit too much after all of the exertion. We have our last 3 hours tomorrow for debrief and people start leaving straight after.
We will miss all of the people on the course and hope to meet up with them again soon on the Africa Mercy.
Tommy and Sarah