Thursday 3 July 2008

I've been to Walmart!

Walmart was like a double sized Tesco extra all on one floor. It took some time to locate the washing powder and then even longer to decide on what one. I guess there is the same amount of choice at home, except there you just grab one and ignore most of them! At least grapes look the same on this side of the world and that was a slightly quicker purchase, once I had found them! I then found a section of George (Asda back home) clothes, but the sizes are all different so that confused me too (as did the shoe sizes), I must've looked strange just standing there staring at the hangers! Never mind it was still fun to get off base! Sorry, mum there was no chocolate prezels that I could find.....will keep looking....anyway, the whole thing was a cultural experience....the woman packed each item into a different plastic bag, (there is no obvious trying to reduce waste or recycle anything here)...and I was waiting to type my PIN no in to pay and didn't see that I needed to sign my name - I don't remember the last time I had to sign for shopping....

We talked this morning about hot and cold climate cultures, I didn't appreciate just how cold our culture is and how much of a shock Africa is going to be!!! I guess we are being prepared for that by being in Texas. Plus as we wait to know the next step/timing for going to the ship we learn to plan less and become more flexible???

We've just done a psychometric test for personality types that will be used somehow next week - seemed pretty accurate so will be interesting to see what is said about that....

Sarah
Would be very happy to receive emails/mail/facebook messages/any communication from the outside world!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello from the outside world you will be glad to know it is still here if not in touch with you much!! Life in England is a mixture as ever with petrol prices still going up, Andy Murray knocked out of Wimbledon and other such things to try to cope with on the other hand we have had rather nice weather compared with texas or Africa !! certainly not a hint of cold in the last few days. Glad all going well over there and we are praying lots here love mum |

Helen said...

So what personality have you and Tommy got then? We will be the judge as to if it was accurate!!! ;) Miss you!!